Photography Credit to Babak Dowlatshahi of InsightFoto.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Registry Help

Emily Post and Miss Manners and I think even Martha Stewart talk about where you can and cannot put registry information. My mother is another etiquette stickler, so that is why there was no information in the invitations about where we are registered for the wedding. I imagine this annoyed some of the guests coming to the wedding. Sorry about that. I am the product of my mother, "Auntie Martha" and Zeta Sisterhood, which has ingrained what to do and not to do when planning a formal affair. I have broken the no white after Labor Day Rule many times though. 


That is also why we put "other info" notes in the invitations to direct people here.

Anyway, registry info is supposed to be disseminated by word of mouth or listed on websites and web blogs, which is what we've done. There are links on the side of this blog, but they seem to be a bit troublesome, Dillard's especially.


On the Dillard's Registry home page, there is a section to the left that says shop a registry. There you can enter mine or David's name, the state of NM or the registry #  of 124761552  to get to the registry. You can also go into the store and print out a registry list at one of the kiosks in the store.


Anything off the Nambe Registry maybe purchased online and in any store. You might even find some of the items in a local department store. At the Nambe shop, they can look up the registry information but they cannot indicate if something has been purchased in the store. So, I'm trying to keep that registry as up to date as possible.


Kohl's seems to work directly.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a a comment, cheerful thought or something for David and Maria.