Photography Credit to Babak Dowlatshahi of InsightFoto.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

11 Days To Go

And we got snow.


Ok, not that much in Santa Fe. That's actually a picture I took last March/April in the Valles Caldera on the way to the house in Jemez Springs. But we're having record lows for highs this week. I hope by the wedding the weather is back in the 50s.

Anyway, things are slowly coming together. David and I had our friends take us both out on Saturday night for Bachelorette/Bachelor dinners. He went to the Bull Ring and I went to the Shed. I had family (my mom, his sister and niece there) old friends and new friends there. It was really, really nice. My oldest friend, Michelle made it really special, with trinkets, mixed CDs and lots of pink, but she arranged the best surprise of all. David and the Groomsmen crashed the party. He brought me a dozen pink roses, which smell heavenly even today 3 days later and lots of sweet kisses. It was quite a lovely surprise.

Neither of us wanted a traditional and outrageous bachelorette/bachelor party. We don't party much, we don't feel the need to make fools out of ourselves on our "last night of singledom". I mean, we're really not single anyway. We've been in a committed, monogamous relationship almost since day one, so we weren't celebrating the death of our single-hood, but the beginning of our married-hood, so to speak. In the end, we both got the night we wanted.

I've felt very blessed and very loved these last couple of months. I've been given two showers, a luncheon and now a dinner. I've had friends and family express joy and excitement for me. I'm very grateful to everyone who has been so kind and generous to me. David's family has been especially kind and welcoming to me. My parents are truly giving and loving. I'm still overwhelmed by all the love and support. Sometimes it feels like this is happening to someone else. It makes all my ranting and annoyances seem petty and childish... but I really wish people knew how to respond to RSVPs and read invitations!

I can say that I've learned many things planning this wedding and there are many things I'd do differently. I'll save it for another post.

2 comments:

  1. I was actually planning on crashing Maria's dinner at the Shed once I realized how close it was to the Bull Ring. I just hadn't had a chance to tell Bobby about it yet. Michelle and Karen called me about the same thing (crashing) while I was out on an errand with Maria. I just didn't want to let on that we were going to surprise the ladies. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you're cutie, baby. I just loved the surprise and the flowers. You mean the world to me. 10 more days.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a a comment, cheerful thought or something for David and Maria.