There are many, many things a couple must do before the couple's actual wedding day. The first step is to acquire paperwork. If Catholic, the bride and the groom must have updated copies of their baptismal certificates. I made a quick inquiry to the secretary at the Cathedral two days ago asking for mine and David's. I got a call from the deacon who leads the marriage prep there and he was able to find mine easily, but it seems my love was MIA. He was born in Socorro, but he always thought he was baptized at the Cathedral. Turns out, there is a plot twist and he wasn't baptized at the Cathedral after all. In fact, he was baptized here at the San Miguel Church so, now my sweetie's baptismal certificate is on the way and we can meet with the deacon at our parish in August with the proper documents. :)
Step number two to come...
This morning I mailed off the 10 smackeroos to pay for my Sacramental records!
ReplyDeleteAll right... then I should probably get mine from the Cathedral. Pretty cool stuff, don't you think? PS I made a new post.
ReplyDelete