Photography Credit to Babak Dowlatshahi of InsightFoto.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Yes, No, Maybe So...

I have a little over seven months to plan a wedding. I know it can be done. I have Martha Stewart books, bridal magazines, a planning binder and all sorts of guidelines that tell me when I have to start doing things. First off creating a guest list is the most pressing thing. The venue David and I would like for our reception holds about 150 people max. That doesn't sound too bad. We've actually filled out 148 lines on our excel spreadsheet. We were excited that we came to 148 and included just about everyone we want at the wedding. I still could add about 10 more people. Uh... but then I realized that those 10 people, also includes spouses, children and significant others, that could potentially be 20-30 more people. So, my little list of 148 could easily be doubled.

First off, I don't expect a lot of out-of-town invitees to come. In actuality, there aren't that many out of town people invited. The majority of people who are invited live in the area and are family and friends.

I expected that a lot of our classmates from high school would be asking if they were invited to the wedding because both David and I are on Facebook. I worried that we might have a horde of them expecting to have a mini class reunion at our wedding, but I think we can safely say that isn't going to happen. We will invite some of our classmates, but not as many as I thought we'd have to invite.

Because of the limited number of people the venue can hold, it really has to be close friends and family. How come this is the hardest part? I can't say no kids, no dates or spouses, just to get the numbers down. I will have to cut people or move the venue to somewhere where I don't have to.

As our wedding is in the afternoon, our reception will fall around dinner time, so appetizers won't cut it. We will have to have a dinner, besides we want to have a dance.

At this point, let the ax fall where it does... I still have seven months you know...

2 comments:

  1. It looks like we are going to try and have our reception in the big ballroom after all. There are a lot of people that we want at the reception. A grand ol' time will be had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes it does. I think that will be ok. In fact, it will be wonderful. Now, that we have that decided, we don't have to worry about making the decision.

    I'm excited. It will be beautiful. Now onto other steps of wedding planning 101.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a a comment, cheerful thought or something for David and Maria.