Our blog, our lives, our engagement, our wedding, our marriage, our joys and our sorrows...
Friday, December 31, 2010
With This Ring...
David and I went to the jeweler to look at his wedding ring, (no picture yet, as I have to finish paying for it) but we brought home my wedding band. It's beautiful and I can't wait till it's blessed and he puts it on my finger on our wedding day.
It's more gorgeous than in the picture. I only tried it on to make sure it fit-- it does. It's going to stay in the box, in a place where only David knows until our wedding day. I'm a little bit superstitious so I don't want to try it on or hold it again till that day.
It's bitter cold today. Don't let that discourage anyone from Out of Town from coming. I know by next month it will be a lot warmer. This is just an early winter Cold Snap, soon to be ousted by La NiƱa. Still, we braved the weather to get out of the house. We've been down with the crud since before Christmas, and we've pretty much stayed home. It was good to go out. We ate at Flying Star then headed to town. He saw his ring for the first time. He tried it on and it fit perfectly. It is gorgeous and looks perfect on him. Then we headed to the Name store and got gifts for the wedding party today. I need something for our ring bearer. Got any ideas for an 8-year-old boy? We have to find out what we are going to engrave on our knife/cake server, so we can have it done at either Nambe or a local jeweler-- the one where we found my engagement ring. And I'm not sure what to engrave on our flutes.
We had our Starbucks, then exchanged a place setting that I received at my bridal shower that was missing a plate, then came home and have chilled ever since. I made David the birthday dinner I wanted to make on Tuesday, his actual birthday, but we were still too sick to enjoy it. It was yummy. Martha Stewart has some of the best recipes ever.
I think it's time to settle in on the sofa, relax and ring in the New Year together, quietly. For in 43 days, we'll be ringing in our life together as husband and wife. 2011 is looking pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a a comment, cheerful thought or something for David and Maria.